CSS Exam subjects with Syllabus: CSS exam conducts every in Pakistan on a national level. CSS Syllabus 2024 has been released by the Federal Public Service Commission FPSC for all students who intend to sit for the competitive examination.
Guidelines for the Exam
1. The 200-point subjects will each have two 100-mark papers. There will only be one paper on the remaining subjects. There will be three hours for each paper. As well as The compulsory and optional papers may contain some objective-type questions (MCQs) except for the Essay, Applied Mathematics, and Pure Mathematics exams.
2. Question Papers in Urdu or other regional languages of Pakistan (Punjabi, Sindhi, Pashto, and Balochi), Persian, and Arabic should be answered in those languages. In any case, questions that pertain to translation from one language to another or vice versa must be answered according to instructions on the question paper.
CSS Exam subjects with Syllabus
3. Non-Muslims can choose between Islamic Studies and Comparative Study of Major Religions.
4. A candidate cannot take the remaining examination papers if he or she fails to present in any of the compulsory or optional subjects.
5. A total of 120 points out of 300 is required for each of the three General Knowledge papers (GK-I, GK-II, and GK-III).
The following syllabus is for CSS 2024 and onward.
The CSS Exam consists of six compulsory subjects worth 600 marks
1.100 marks for English Essay
2. English (precis and composition) 100
3. G Science and Ability: 100
- 100 marks in Current Affairs
5 Pakistan Affairs 100 marks
- Studies of Islam or Studies of Major Religions (For Non-Muslims) 100 marks
Optional CSS Exam Subjects:
Subjects that are optional are curricular options. Students may select different optional subjects to enhance their education. Their worth can be calculated by their examination scores. So, it is called “Selective Subjects” or “Offered Subjects.”
Group – I
Accounting & Auditing 200
Pol Sci 200
Maths 100: Applied Mathematics
Pure Mathematics 100
Public Administration:100 marks
Governance & Public Policies:100
Town Planning & Urban Management:100
Pakistan and India’s History: 100
Islamic History and Culture: 100
British History: 100
European History: 100
American History: 100
Environmental Sciences: 100 marks
Agriculture and Forestry: 100 marks
Botany: 100 marks
Zoology: 100 marks
English Literature:100 marks
Urdu Literature: 100 marks
-VI Group CSS Exam
Constitutional Law: 100 marks
international law:100 marks
Muslim Law & Jurisprudence:100 marks
Mercantile Law:100 marks
Criminology: 100 marks
-VII Group CSS Exam
Journalism & Mass Communication: 100